Built on June 12, 2021
- Implemented cluster configuration support in Admin UI, added modules to sync cluster configuration and cluster traffic logs.
- Fixed problems with Microsoft Updates though the proxy (incorrect handling of HEAD responses).
- Several small fixes and improvements in the Admin UI.
Built on May 25, 2021
- Added support for upgrading configuration from earlier versions of Web Filtering Proxy.
- Small changes in the Admin UI.
Built on May 15, 2021
- Fully implemented targeted mode for HTTPS decryption. The administrator now has the ability to specify exactly what sites need to be decrypted and filtered, leaving all other sites in default non-decrypted mode.
- Improved certificate validation handling by re-using built-in Microsoft Crypto API within OpenSSL TLS handshake transactions.
- Added resolve, connect, handshake, scanning performance counters and timings metrics in traffic history to better understand the speed of various modules in the filtering proxy.
Built on May 2, 2021
- Added easy to use generation wizards for trusted Root CA proxy certificate and Secure Proxy certificate.
- Much better error reporting for failed HTTPS connections.
- The administrator can add missing intermediate CA certificates when UNABLE_TO_GET_ISSUER_CERT_LOCALLY is returned by OpenSSL package when validating HTTPS connections to incorrectly configured web sites.
- Updater is now able to use ccadb endpoint to automatically update the Root CA certificate store.
- Added support for winget package manager. The application can now be installed as simple as winget install webproxy.
- It is now possible to limit the number of parallel connections to origins.
- Fixed small issues in Admin UI, including settings not being saved when both proxy settings and policy settings were modified.
Built on April 17, 2021
- Added Performance Monitor integration of the application with system PerfMon. It is now possible to see what is going in the application. More than 20 performance counters added, including information about site certificates, plain and secure proxy, number of processed requests and responses (totals and per second).
- Fixed errors with CONNECT tunnels in older versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Implemented site certificate checking using Mozilla's trusted certification authorities database.
- Version is now set to 1.0 to indicate general readiness of the application for everyday production usage.
- The application can now be installed using Chocolatey as choco install webproxy.
Built on April 6, 2021
- Completely redesigned the Secure Proxy module in the Admin UI.
- Added ability to automatically generate Secure Proxy certificate based on the configured Root CA certification authority.
- Updated admin guide and added three tutorials for deploying proxy on Microsoft Azure - standard proxy, secure proxy and lift and shift cloud proxy.
- Small optimizations and fixes in traffic monitoring and report generation modules.
- Fixes in monthly and yearly statistics rendering.
- Added nice response pages for proxy errors and request/response blocking.
Built on March 17, 2021
- The Admin UI of Web Filtering Proxy is completely redesigned and rebuilt.
- It is now possible to generate Root CA certificates for HTTPS decryption and inspection from the Admin UI.
- It is now possible to apply configuration changes directly from Admin UI by reloading or restarting the Web Filtering Proxy service.
Built on February 15, 2021
- Added several new components and one system services for Traffic Monitoring module. It is now possible to see the summary information about users and domains being browsed through the proxy at the current moment as well as daily, monthly and yearly traffic monitoring statistics.
0.9 and lower
Built on January 26, 2021
- It is now possible to use the Active Directory groups as policy members. The administrator now adds a group to web proxy just once and then normally manages the users in the Active Directory. The proxy automatically applies correct policy after authenticating the connecting user and looking up his security groups in the LDAP.
- Added some default exclusions to ease working with Microsoft, Windows Updates, Office 365, Outlook and Apple iCloud.
- Added activation schedules to the policies. The administrator now can easily have the lunch, weekend or out-of-work filtering policies automatically activated by schedules.
- Fixed error with POST requests of zero size.
- Fixed error with connecting to IP addresses (as opposed to normal connection to domain names).
- Added three proxy authentication backends - Microsoft Active Directory, local users database and IP address labelling. It is now very easy to support proxy authentication using Negotiate authentication (both Kerberos and NTLM authentication schemes are supported). Just install the application on any Microsoft Windows server joined to the Active Directory and enable authentication from Admin UI with two mouse clicks.
- After successful authentication policy is switched to the better one matching the name of the authenticated user.
- Added ability to run secure web proxy (HTTPS proxy).
- Default listener port is now 8080 (normal conventional proxy) and 8443 (secure web proxy).
- Updated admin guide.
- Administrative UI is able to show the table of last N processed requests.
- Optimizations in HTTPS decryption module.
- The proxy is now capable of performing basic proxy authentication using list of locally configured users.
- Improved handling of new policy creation.
- Small improvements and redesign in Administrative UI.
- Fixed the installation problems on non-English Windows Servers.
- Two step selection of policies.
- Better processing of filtering exclusions.
- The web filtering proxy core is now able to process policies (by user IP, address range or subnet). These filtering policies can also be configured in Microsoft Management Console.
- History component writes proxy access logs as JSON entries making it very simple to parse.
- Added updater component that allows for automatic actualization of definition files for filtering modules.
- Administrative UI is implemented as MMC management snap-in.
- Improvements in handling of connections to domain names with several IP addresses. Small fixes